In This Article:
Aero Precision Lower Comparison
Below is my list of the best Aero Precision lowers for 2022. I list the best choices in terms of value, performance, design, and cost.
Click on the name to head to the product page, read reviews and check prices or skip ahead to the list of lowers.
Why You Should Listen to Us
Over the years, not only have we tested a huge number of AR-style rifles, but we’ve also built quite a few ourselves. I personally have several in the safe that my husband and I have built, and I’ve also been testing and reviewing ARs for the last five or six years all around the internet.
I know my ARs, in other words, and I know Aero. I’ve had a lot of their products over the years, and they’re one of the companies I find myself turning to time and time again.
AR10 Lower Receiver Reviews
1. M4E1 Stripped Lower
2. M4E1 Complete Lower w/ Magpul MOE & STR
If you like the idea of the M4E1 enhanced lower receiver up above, but don’t want to go through the effort of building your own rifle from a bare receiver, then you can snag one of these complete M4E1 lowers that have everything preinstalled for you.
This is the exact same lower as above, but with a lower parts kit already installed, as well as a buffer tube, buffer, spring, stock, and Magpul furniture, specifically an STR stock and MOE grip.
You can get this one with an anodized black finish and black Magpul parts or with an FDE Cerakote lower and black furniture.
All of the parts are mil-spec, so you can upgrade and tweak them as needed, and everything is still compatible with standard AR-15 parts.
It weighs in at just 41.01oz, all told.
3. AR15 Stripped Lower Receiver, Gen 2
4. AR15 Complete Lower Receiver, Standard
5. AR15 Ambidextrous Lower Receiver
6. AR15 Stripped Lower Receiver, STS
7. AR15 Pistol Complete Lower with SB Tactical SBA3 Brace
8. M5 (.308) Stripped Lower Receiver
9. M5 Complete Lower Receiver w/ MOE Grip & PRS Rifle Stock
10. EPC-9 Lower Receiver
Who Is Aero Precision?
Why Upgrade Your AR Lower?
Of course, if you already have an AR lower you’re happy with, you may be wondering if it’s worth it to upgrade to an Aero lower. While your current lower might be perfectly fine, there are still a few reasons you may want to upgrade.
First up, there’s the sheer customization aspect and the opportunity to choose your own AR parts. The #1 reason for people to build their own rifle is so that they can put in exactly the parts they want — and leave out the stuff they don’t.
It is very satisfying indeed to roll up to the range with your high-end rifle and be able to tell your buddies that you built it yourself. And you’ll learn a lot about your rifle and be better at diagnosing problems and fixing issues down the road if something breaks, which is nice too.
Types of Aero Precision Lowers
Aero Precision splits their lowers into two main categories that you need to worry about, “complete” vs. “stripped”. Let’s talk about exactly what that means.
If you want to choose every single part of your rifle, down to the trigger springs, then you’re going to want a “Stripped” lower. This is a lower that is basically just a hunk of aluminum with some holes cut in it to accept all the other lower receiver parts.
Aero Precision Alternatives
Today we’ve covered Aero’s stuff in-depth, but there are a number of other great options out there if you can’t find what you want from Aero.
Palmetto State Armory
What You Get for Your Money
- $100: This will usually get you a stripped lower receiver that’s ready to be built on.
- $150: This is where you’ll start getting into the upgraded lowers that have extra features here and there, or maybe a special limited-edition finish.
- $250+: If you’re spending this kind of money, you can get a complete lower receiver that’s ready to go right out of the box and will just need to have an upper added on to be ready to shoot.
How We Selected These Products
- NRA Blog. (2017) A Brief History of the AR-10, the AR-15’s ‘Big Brother’
- American Rifleman. (2018) The AR-10 Story
- GunCraft101, Making an AR15 from beer cans 2011, March 2, 2019
- Clinton Aluminum, 6061 VS. 7075, August 16, 2017
The Latest firearm Reviews:
The AR-15 platform gets a lot of attention and for good reason, it is one of the most reliable and versatile firearms ever created. We dive deep into “legos for adults”.
Weatherby is a brand that has been cranking out quality ammo, rifles, and shotguns since the 40s, and we wanted to shed some light on some top-quality Weatherby shotguns.
Is the 6.8 SPC still a viable option — or has the sun set on the once red hot "military .270"? We give you this skinny one of the original "gee-whiz" rounds
What makes for the best single-shot shotguns? We take a look at these on shot wonders.
What exactly is a RECCE rifle — and why are some guys obsessed with them? We take a look at this famous recon rifle and list some great rifle options.