Guns are ergonomic objects made to fit into human hands while we’re shooting them, which can make storing them a little tricky. The last thing I want to see is my guns getting scratched up or dented with use because I couldn’t find a good way to store them safely.
Being a gun owner, I want safe ways to display firearms. That’s why I compiled this piece: to give you different options for storing and displaying your firearms. Our selections are convenient and effective — covering the price gamut from sub-$30 quick fixes to top-of-the-line units that will really tie the room together.
Take your pick from features like vehicle racks, pistol racks, horizontal units, and various mounting configurations — and as always, verify your eventual display rack complies with any and all applicable laws in your area.
In This Article:
Comparison of the Best Gun Racks
Below is my list of the best gun racks for 2021. I list the best choices in terms of value, performance, design, and cost.
Click on the name to head to the product page, read reviews and check prices or skip ahead to the list of gun racks.
|Howard Leight Foam Ear Plugs|
|PremEar Hearing Custom Plugs|
|Safariland Pro Impulse|
|Howard Leight Ultraslim|
|Walkers Game Ear Folding Muffs|
|Pro Ears Earmuff|
|OTTO Engineering Noizebarrier|
|Walker's Silencer Digital Earbuds|
|Peltor Sport Tactical 500|
|Howard Leight Impact Sport|
|Walkers Razor Slim|
Gun Rack Reviews
1. TESLYAR Gun Rack
- - UNIQUE DESIGN. The Rack is designed not just to hang the weapons on the wall but emphasize the...
- - UNIVERSAL COMPITABILITY. Dimensions: 17х12х4,5 cm (6.8x4.7x1.8"). Inner hook width: 5.5...
- - REAL HARDWOOD of the Rack will be a worthy framing to the antique or modern rifles, shotguns, or...
Starting off with something simple in terms of design, I like this wooden gun rack from Teslyar that is designed to display a rifle or shotgun on your wall in a simple two-piece configuration that will accommodate basically any long gun provided you can find wall studs to mount it to.
While these displays are great for showing off your firearm, the design is not the most secure in the world, so bear that in mind.
These solid wood hooks are lined with felt to keep scratches at bay while enabling you to remove and replace the gun freely. Of course, we’d never consider storing loaded weapons in a design like this, but if you’re looking for a quality rack that offers the right mix of simplicity and speed, Teslyar has you covered..
2. Savior Equipment Handgun Rack
- [Built Tough to Protect] - Outer Steel Plates & Heavy Duty Rod to Hold The Rack In Place. Store and...
- [One Rack Fit All] - Most of the Large Barreled Revolvers or Pistols with Accessories Will Fit in...
- [Treasure Your Pistols] - Lightweight Polymer Plates to Keep Pistols from Banging Each Others....
If your weapon storage needs are less about being able to see your guns, and more able to store three, four, or more handguns while organizing the inside of a gun safe, this modular pistol rack from Savior Equipment is our top pick.
This rack is engineered aas a system, including thick gauge steel plates for the outside, a solid steel rod to hold everything together, as well as the tools, screws, and accessories to build the rack to your needs inside of your case.
Simply put it together and any size handgun will be secure & orderly, even if they have different sizes or barrel lengths. Plus they’ll come out of the rack looking like they went in thanks to the anti-scratch padding lining the inside.
3. Allen Four Gun Wooden Wall Gun Rack
- Solid wood construction with a natural finish
- Holds up to four guns
- Each gun notch is lined with felt to protect the firearm
In terms of wall-mount systems, I like systems like this wooden wall mount rack from Allen in which the hooks allow you to simply place the gun into the slot, ensuring they won’t move around much, if at all, from there.
With any gun wall rack, do make sure to follow the installation instructions carefully: by the time you have a wall gun rack and with four rifles in it, the amount of weight you’re putting on the wall is pretty substantial.
4. Rush Creek Creations 5 Gun Wall Rack
- DURABLE HUNTING GUN STORAGE RACK: Gun wall rack stores and displays up to 5 rifles or shotguns (not...
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Beautiful dark walnut laminate enhances the overall look, feel, and durability
- SECURE GROOVES: Side panel design allows rifle or shotgun to securely rest in place for sturdy gun...
As far as hanging gun racks go, this Rush Creek Creations rack one may be my favorite in terms of capacity. At a maximum, this well-made rack can hold five guns, so you have a lot of room at your disposal.
One thing I like about this one, in particular, is that it comes in a variety of finishes, so you can pick on that will help you show off your firearms and match other furniture in the room, or pick an unfinished model which may be better if you plan on painting or staining it yourself after purchase.
5. Hold Up Displays Gun Rack and Rifle Storage
- ✔Each gun rack holds 6 rifles, shotguns, or AR's with space for optics. Engineered to mount side...
- ✔MODERN DESIGN- Sleek black powder coating makes this gun rack look great on any wall - Designed...
- ✔USA MADE- All Hold Up Displays products are manufactured in Wisconsin - 100% USA made!
This quality gun rack system from Hold Up Displays, which is made in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty, really gives you a lot of flexibility in how you can mount it, which will help organize your gun cabinet or safe simply and effectively.
The top portion of the rack is a series of padded U shapes for the barrel, and the bottom is a carefully bent steel section, also padded, onto which the butt of the shotgun or rifle sits. Overall, this makes it an awesome choice for those looking for increased security to keep their guns from resting against one another when in storage.
6. Savior Equipment Mobile Firearm Rack
- [ULTRA DURABLE] - Crafted with 100% Heavy Duty Powder-Coated Steel to be Sturdy and Weather...
- [ULTRA SECURE] - Stop Laying Your Valuable Firearms on The Truck Bed or a Tarp, This Rack Is Going...
- [ULTRA ORGANIZED] - Holds 6 Rifles & 8 Pistols. Time to Show Off Your Neatly Firearm Rack. Only...
If I had a room I knew was secure and wanted to display all of our firearms in it, this mobile rack from Savior Equipment is the one that I’d gladly add to the space.
Made from steel and assemblable in just a few minutes, this rack gives you the ability to store six long guns and eight handguns in a way that you can easily see and get to all of them. This would also be ideal for someone who plans on taking guns to shows.
7. Tactical Traps Old Glory
- 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 –...
- 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 – Handcrafted from...
- 𝐃𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 – The Old Glory Rustic Flag dimensions are 25” X 15”...
This piece of “wall art”, which looks like a wooden American flag, has a cool little secret. Once you trip the magnetic latch, you’ll see that it is, in fact, a concealed gun rack. It offers some of the same features you’ll find in concealment furniture and hidden gun shelves.
Inside of the hidden compartment, there’s a good bit of foam that you can customize to securely hold a couple of handguns and a magazine. Or, if it were up to us, a single handgun and a few magazines so that this product could be used as a spot to stage a self-defense firearm.
8. Generic N Gun Rack
- ACCOMMODATE VARIOUS GUNS&PLACES: The Shotgun Hooks for most firearms or swords like...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTIONS: The Gun hook is Sturdy enough with competitive price on gun Storage market...
- NO MORE "SCRATCHING" YOUR GUNS: The Gun Rack with very simple design but it's functions will beyond...
For the ultimate in frugality, these simple hooks are the way to go. As you can tell by the images, these are little more than metal hooks that come with screws.
Despite the frugality, I think they have a place, too: if you have a metal or wood surface you need to hang guns in, especially if you have a lot of them to do, making each individual rack fairly cheap is nice. They did also include felt on the inside of the hooks as to not scratch your firearm, which is a good feature to have at any price point.
9. GOHIKINGL Metal Gun Rack
- ACCOMMODATE VARIOUS GUNS&PLACES: The Shotgun Hooks for most guns or swords like...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTIONS: The guns Rifle Gun hook is Sturdy enough with competitive price on gun...
- NO MORE "SCRATCHING" YOUR GUNS: The Gun Rack with very simple design but it's functions will beyond...
For those looking for an attractive wall display, this metal wall mount rack one is our top choice. Much like some of the other racks meant for use inside of a safe or case, this one has arms on the bottom that cradle the rifle, while the top is U shapes to hold the barrel.
We think this would be an excellent application for someone who was setting up a display wall at home, or was planning on opening a gun store, as this mount installs easily and looks very nice in terms of quality and displaying the firearms.
10. Rusfol Handgun Hangers
- High-Quality Material: Made of high-quality spring steel, it has superior strength and good...
- Thoughtful Design: The Vinyl Coating is anti-scratch，anti-slip and anti-rust. And the round end is...
- Compatibility: Design for most handguns, fits for handgun barrels which is .22 caliber or larger,...
Do you have a shelf in your gun safe that has a lot of wasted space under it? Then these pistol hangers might just do the trick for you.
Installing these steel hangers couldn’t be easier. Put he flat part on the surface of the table or shelf, and, while holding it, slide the barrel of the handgun onto it, which will leave the handgun dangling below the surface of the table.
While it is technically possible to use these on any surface, we’d probably not use them, for example, at the dining table and would instead use them to better organize our safe.
11. Tactical Seat Back Organizer
- Versatile: Perfect for travel, tactical activities, also good for those with kids. Holds your gun or...
- Convenient: Widely used in vehicles or trucks, such as cars, SUVs, minivans, wrangler, MPV, etc.,...
- Unique design: car seat back organizer has two storage bags and six rows of molle, it can be used to...
Most vehicle gun racks require some fairly lengthy installation, and often a permanent modification of the vehicle, which I wanted to avoid here. The idea of getting permanently marring the interior of your vehicle never appeals to me unless I absolutely have to.
Instead, this seatback organizer slips over the headrests of the driver and passenger seats and gives you the ability to keep a few long guns, some handguns, and about as much ammo or other gear you want in the back seat while not having to permanently install anything, which will be handy when you go to sell the vehicle later on.
Types of Gun Racks
There are multiple types of gun racks, and the ones you end up going with will be determined by how many guns you want to store.
Single Gun Racks
A single gun rack is best, as the name implies, for one gun. These are mostly for long arms like rifles and shotguns, but single pistols stands are hooks that can be found as well.
Multiple Gun Racks
Multiple gun racks are for, well, more than one firearm. Usually, these are for either longarms or handguns, but some can be found that works for both handguns and long guns at the same time. You’ll find both vertical and horizontal orientations for long guns but most multi-pistol racks are horizontal-only.
Vertical Gun Racks
Vertical gun racks store the firearms pointing at the floor or the ceiling: these, I find, are most useful for people who lack wall space or are trying to optimize the layout of a safe. They can also be a lot of use for people who’re setting up a gun shop or a booth at a gun show. These are most common in a configuration that allows for multiple long guns.
Horizontal or Wall Gun Rack
Horizontal gun racks are meant mostly for people who want to display a rifle, shotgun, or several firearms in their homes. They tend to follow a little older design that’s simple, made out of wood, and makes a classic wood hunting rifle or shotgun look elegant when displayed for all to see. Here, it’s perhaps a little less about safety and more about appreciation of guns as art.
Horizontal or Wall Gun Rack
Finally, some people want to safely store guns in their vehicles for daily use or when making their way to a hunt. These come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes, and configurations, and you always need to make sure that the truck or vehicle rack fits inside of your particular vehicle.
Important Gun Rack Features
Materials. The first vitally important feature to look for is the material. Wood looks great and is often easier on gun finishes than metal, but be sure to consider the context. For example, we’d prefer a steel rack when it’s going to be inside of a gun safe or getting moved around from place.
Installation Options. Next, we think about the installation options, which is determined by your overall goal. Installing a gun rack on a wall, and setting up a hook inside of a safe for a handgun are two very different things, and you need to keep that in mind before making a purchase.
Capacity. Finally, think about capacity. I’d always bias towards overkill: I can always (and will probably) buy the third gun to fill a three-gun rack rather than have to stare at an empty slot on the wall for the rest of my life.
What To Look For When Buying Gun Racks
First and foremost, size matters here. Think about the space in which you need to store firearms in a rack, and then make the rack buying decisions from there. It doesn’t make a lot of sense, for example, to get a big wooden rack to put inside of a small gun safe.
Then, think about fit: will the rack you’re thinking about fit the firearms you plan to store. When in doubt, always look for reviews that have images of guns similar to yours stored in the racks.
Finally, some people like extra compartments, especially in truck mounts, for things like magazines and ammunition. Again, always think about the purpose for which you intend to use the rack and go from there to make the best decisions.
What To Avoid
While we all gravitate toward beauty, sometimes the best design is the most practical. Avoid gun racks that just do not make sense for you in terms of storage. If you have kids around, for instance, wall racks are probably not the best idea. Similarly, pick a rack that can store the right amount and combination of rifles, shotguns, and handguns for you rather than the one that will match another piece of furniture.
Why Use A Gun Rack
While I’m no Marie Kondo, there is value to having everything in its place, which makes gun racks handy accessories. They help transform firearms from their cumbersome and unwieldy nature to something which can be displayed with pride. Plus they help simply avoid them just lying about, and add structure to the interior of a gun safe. Use a gun rack to add organization to any space where you want to display firearms without worrying about your collection getting scratched or dented.
Gun Rack Price Ranges
- Under $30. For not much more than $10, you can expect some simple hooks for one firearm that may or may not be padded. They make for quick access but are very limited in the way of features.
- $30-$75. North of $30, it’s possible to get a nice, multi-gun rack made out of wood that mounts to a wall and allows for display of your firearms. Most will be particleboard or some other lower-end material rather than true wood or metal.
- $75-$100. For $75 or more, you’ll have the same, but also some metal options and gun racks with vertical storage. These will be considerably more solid, often coming with room for multiple weapons, wall mount capabilities, and accessories for things like handguns or other products.
- Over $100. You’ll be looking at premium quality gun racks and wall racks as well as solutions to set up stores, gun show booths, and the like.These are often heavier, can support more weight and multiple rifles, offer secure gun storage, and serve as a display or gun storage within a room or office.
How We Selected Our Recommendations
We make our recommendations based on firsthand experience, as well as combing through actual customer reviews of the products. We recommend things we either do, or would, use ourselves.
As much as I would love to put all these gun racks to the test there are times when certain products or categories are a real challenge — be it availability, cost, or simply a lack of resources — we can get stymied going hands-on with all the potential candidates. Rather than present a never-ending list of all the gun racks on the planet, we selected those which we felt best represent the price points laid out above — giving you a solid representational list to serve as a jumping-off point for your own research (you are going to do you own research, right?)
To avoid disappointment or steering you in the wrong direction, we bolster our own experience with conversations with experts, comb through reviews on retailer sites & sales data, review industry publications, other blogs, and otherwise surface the best information available.
We aim for all thriller, no filler, as they say.
More on accessories:
When you pay to go to the range, you want to spend as much time as possible shooting, not reloading, which an extended magazine can
Shooting rests are an essential tool for creating a stable shooting and sighting platform. Shooting long-distance accurately requires minimizing movement, and without a stable platform,
If you’ve ever contorted yourself into a pretzel to make a shot or struggled to keep your rifle stable when balancing the fore-end on a
If you regularly travel with a firearm, you know the importance of keeping it secured. Not only to protect the gun, scope, and people inside
Vertical gun racks store the firearms pointing at the floor or the ceiling: these, we find, are most useful for people who lack wall space or are trying to optimize the layout of a safe. They can also be a lot of use for people who’re setting up a gun shop or a booth at a gun show. These are most common in a configuration that allows for multiple long guns.