What are the best Taurus G2C holsters?
Taurus firearms have been around since pre-WWII (technically 1939) and while they aren’t known for super premium products, they have improved a lot in the last 15 years. Their recent entry into the compact polymer-framed CCW market, the G2C, has become a very popular EDC gun – and for good reason – its price point is hard to beat. You get a polymer frame, steel magazines, and a 12-round mag capacity – all in package that’s just over 21oz and at half the price of many other carry guns.
There’s a lot to like about the handgun, but any CCW pistol will only reach its potential if you find an excellent holster to go along with it. Let’s take a look at the best Taurus G2C holsters on the market so you can tote your piece around in comfort and know you’ll be able to reply on it whenever you need.
- Custom-molded IWB Appendix holster for perfect fit, secure carry and perfect performance while...
- Adjustable Retention: Without any additional tools, fully adjust the retention to get the sweet spot...
- Conceal in Comfort: Reduced footprint while the soft neoprene backing is flexible to move and shift...
This is an ideal Taurus G2C holster if you plan on using an inside the waistband (IWB) design. One of the things that makes the Alien Gear ShapeShift line so impressive is the toolless adjustment. All of the key adjustment areas – passive retention, cant angle and ride height – can all be adjusted by hand. The holster is custom molded against the G2C pistol, which provides an impressively consistent and secure fit. Plus it’s made right here in the USA.
It’s more expensive than other options but think of holsters like scopes or other optics – buy once, cry once. It’s a very usable holster and when paired with other nice-to-have features like the neoprene backing that wicks sweat and breathes or the way the ShapeShift line gives you option to extend the holster into other carry positions (from open to concealed to shoulder) Alien Gear ShapeShift is really the G2C holster to beat.
- Comes with a manufacturer lifetime warranty
- Can be extended to other carry positions
- Very comfortable
- All materials used are durable
- More expensive than other options
Best Leather G2C Holster
- ➤ Features: inside the waistband for concealed carry.
- ➤ Fits:Taurus G2C / G2S / TH9c COMPACT / MILLENNIUM G2 / 709 740 SLIM & All Similar Guns
- ➤ IWB holster case uses high quality cowhide, Material thickness ≥ 0.1 inches,Handmade...
The Fast Gunman Leather G2C Leather Concealed Carry Holster was engineered to fit a variety of small Taurus CCW pistols with similar dimensions – and the Taurus G2C is one of those it was designed around. It’s another Inside The Waistband (IWB) design so it’s a great CCW choice. The holster uses high-quality 1/10th inch-thick cowhide so you get a good mix of flexibility/comfort and durability. It’s not so rigid that it gets overly hot or irritating against the skin – even with prolonged use.
Furthermore, the opening of the holster’s double stitched to prevent it from eroding with use. The body of the holster includes a belt clip for easy attach/removal. We really liked the ride height & how closely it held our G2C to our body, which was easy to cover with just a light t-shirt. It comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee which you can take advantage of if you’re ever unsatisfied with its performance.
- Very affordable compared to many other leather holsters
- Left and right-handed versions available
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Leather is double stitched in some places for added durability
- Very comfortable leather material
- Belt clip isn’t particularly durable
Best Kydex G2C Holster
- CARRY WITH CONFIDENCE: Please feel free to use our portable concealed holster to protect your G2C...
- US .08” KYDEX HANDCRAFT: It is lightweight, sturdy, durable, sweat-proof, waterproof and washable,...
- CUSTOMIZE THE CANT: Use a Phillips screwdriver to customize the CANT of a 1.5-inch standard belt...
If you’re a Kydex fan, check out this Taurus G2C holster from Polecraft. While not a functional feature, these come in a variety of colors – black, orange, and tan – so you can select a holster that matches your personal style. They’re also available in both right and left-handed orientations.
Being made from Kydex, a synthetic quality material that’s durable, sweatproof, and light weight – the thermoformed fit is hard to beat. The holster also covers the entire pistol body to avoid snagging clothing or exposing your firearm to perspiration.
You can customize the cant using a Phillips screwdriver, and the holster also comes with an adjustable retention pressure control to let you modify draw force. A lifetime warranty means you’ll be able to get a replacement if there’s an issue upon delivery. It’s a durable (if somewhat rigid) holster that can be used for open or concealed carry.
- Works with any 1911 pistol
- Made with high-quality leather
- Is a very comfortable holster
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Trigger guard doesn’t fully cover the trigger
- Requires break-in period
- Strong retention requires a gun belt
- CARRY WITH CONFIDENCE when you secure your pistol in our concealed carry gun holster. Specifically...
- RUGGED .08” KYDEX is strong yet lightweight for comfortable, confident carry in any situation....
- CUSTOMIZE THE CANT of the 1.5” standard belt clip with a Phillips screwdriver for faster draw...
This holster is also made from Kydex, so it’s both strong and lightweight (albeit pretty rigid despite the intended concealed carry design). Still, the Amberide G2C Holster allows you to customize the cant using a Phillips screwdriver between zero and 15°, and all of the hardware is made with black powder-coated stainless steel to resist wear and tear.
The retention pressure can also be adjusted which is quick and easy. This feature helps ensure a smooth, customizable draw – so you can personalize it based on how you use the holster. Someone using this while jogging or running can secure their pistol more tightly than regular carry. That’s the kind of functionality that matters day-to-day for most people.
The sturdy belt clip prevents slipping and sagging effectively – and the holster comes in left and right-hand draw varieties with a lifetime warranty.
- Features adjustable pressure and cant angle
- Made with durable but lightweight Kydex
- Good for left and right-handed users
- There are more comfortable holsters
Best Polymer G2C Holster
- OWB Holster: Custom Fit Taurus Millennium G2 G2C PT 111, PT 140, PT 138, PT 132, PT 145, PT 745 (Not...
- Paddle Holster: Paddle design securely slides on to pants or belt, and easy to take it off. Fully...
- Long-Lasting: The polymer holster is composed of durable high-tech polymer material making it...
This last Taurus G2C holster is made with a durable, military-grade polymer material that’s fairly lightweight and impervious to just about anything you’ll throw at it. Plus the CYTAC G2C Holster offers more wear-resistance than holsters made from leather or other organic materials.
Multiple reviews said this holster “fit the G2C like a glove” – there was zero play when holstered adjustments were quick and easy with the provided Allen key.
It does allow 360° cant adjustment for easier drawing, and you can set this paddle holster almost anywhere on your pants or belt, and it really hugs your hip.
The paddle designs makes it easy to put on or take off, and the release button has is nicely integrated & ergonomic. It’s also incredibly easy to maintain with just regular soap and water. The locking mechanism secures to the side of the barrel, rather than the handle/trigger, but that’s a minor gripe when you consider the fit.
- Very lightweight and easy to adjust
- Molded for precise fit
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Comes with 360° canting angles
- Locking mechanism secures to the barrel rather than the trigger/handle
What to Consider When Buying a Taurus G2C Holster
Purchasing a Taurus G2C gun holster is pretty similar to buying a holster for any other type of pistol. Still, you should keep these considerations in mind when you shop.
Even top-tier holsters can limit your draw options with a static canting angle or to just vertical draw. Make sure the holster you choose provide the right position for your preferred draw angle – avoid holsters that are canted too far back or forward – which may prevent you from drawing your gun as effectively as you’d like.
Is it Concealable?
Considering the G2C is really designed around concealed carry – you very well may find that the holster you like can double as concealed carry holster (vs open carry only). Either carry option works, just be clear on state and local laws before shopping around as concealed carry may be the only option to carry your Taurus G2C legally.
Naturally, holster fit is subjective. How well a holster actually fits your body is a matter of personal preference – and many holsters will fit better and better with time & use. Fit will eventually determine whether you carry your firearm with regularity, which is the purpose of a self-defense firearm in the first place. Regardless of whether you’re planning on using a shoulder or waistband holster it needs to be comfortable, yet still cover and conceal the majority of your pistol to do its job effectively.
Lastly, note the materials used in the construction of a given Taurus G2C holster. Some of the more popular materials are pretty well known – leather, nylon, or durable plastic depending on your needs. Kydex is a particularly popular choice due to its durability, light weight, and thermoforming characteristics – which is a fancy way of saying it’s moldable. These molds create a near-perfect fit for your firearm, although Kydex holsters tend to be fairly rigid.
All in all, the Alien Gear ShapeShift is the best G2c holster for most people. It’s made with some of the most comfortable materials you can find, plus it’s easy to adjust and the precision molded body ensures a snug fit for your Taurus G2C no matter what.
More on holsters & carry:
What are the best concealable ankle holsters? An ankle carry holster lets you carry a gun or backup weapon on your lower leg while keeping
A belly band gun holster is one of the best ways to easily and comfortably conceal your pistol or revolver beneath your shirt. While many
No shame – everyone has at one point used a regular belt to carry their firearm. Eventually, you realize they don’t offer the support you
We packed everything from a sub-compact pistol, to a CCW-friendly revolver, and a full size 1911 across every corner of our test cities in Oregon,