We brought you a sneak peek at Maxim Defense’s MD9 pistol from Houston back in May and the company has now announced it is shipping, along with some more details about the PCC which stands as Maxim’s first handgun-caliber firearm.
As the pistol caliber carbine gives you added stability to hit your mid-range targets more accurately and consistently, Maxim recognized this demand in the industry and answered with the MD9, a PDX-like platform chambered in 9mm. Every MD9 uses a free-floating barrel and custom handguard for increased comfort and versatility. These handguards provide a “monolithic-like” upper receiver platform and M-Slot compatibility.
The package weighs in at just over six pounds unloaded, and 20 inches collapsed, adding to the small footprint. The MD9 also boasts an ambidextrous magazine release, Radian charging handle, and selector. It accepts all Glock 9mm pattern magazines, G19 or longer. Rounding out the set-up is a modified Maxim Defense Hatebrake muzzle booster and ALG Combat trigger.
- Modified Maxim Defense HATEBRAKE
- M-Rax and M-Slot compatible handguard
- Military-grade materials
- 5.8″ barrel
- ALG Combat Trigger
- Radian charging handle and selector
- Maxim CQB stock
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Fully floated barrel
- The last round holds open
- Compatible with Glock 9mm magazines (Glock 19 and larger)
- Caliber: 9x19mm Parabellum
- Barrel Thread Pitch: ½-28
- Material Composition: 7075 Aluminum & tool steel
- Finish: Nitride / Type III Anodizing
- Barrel Length: 5.8″ [147.32mm]
- Overall Length: 20″ [508mm] (collapsed stock)
- Weight: 6lb 1oz [2.75kg]
- Barrel Material: 4150 CrMoV
- Muzzle Velocity: 1,150 FPS (Federal FMJ 124gr)
MSRP is $2K.